Summer is the perfect season for smoothies. They are cool, refreshing, and healthy. Whether you choose bananas, oranges, spinach, or any kind of produce, there are tons of smoothie ingredients that can jump start your day. Smoothies are the perfect energy-boosting breakfast because they are filled with vitamins and nutrients that you need to keep you going. If you’re looking to increase your energy, be sure to add these to your next morning smoothie.
- Bananas – This yellow fruit is chocker block full of natural energy. Loaded with potassium, fiber and B vitamins, bananas are a great natural fuel as well as a super nutritious snack.
- Berries – One cup of berries provides an excellent amount of healthy vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great source of natural energy and is filled with fiber – perfect for keeping you regular as well.
- Citrus Fruit – Citrus is a vitamin C powerhouse and provides a quick burst of energy as well as endurance. Citrus fruits are easy to add to any green smoothie by squeezing in the or even tossing in some peeled oranges or grapefruit to your recipes.
- Leafy Greens – Leafy greens contain vitamins A, C, K, Magnesium, Iron and the mighty B, which all provide natural energy and keep your energy levels up and sustained throughout the day.
- Nuts – Nuts are full of magnesium and provide a quick pick-me-up. Your blender blades will thank you if you soak nuts in water the night before adding them to your smoothie. It also makes the nuts easier to digest. You can also use almond or cashew milk in your smoothie.
- Seeds – Chia and sunflower seeds help regulate your blood sugar, giving you energy throughout the day. Plus, they’re an excellent source of fiber and protein. Don’t forget that chia seeds will expand, helping you feel fuller for a longer period.