Whether you choose bananas, oranges, spinach, or any kind of produce, there are tons of great energy boosting smoothie ingredients to jump start your day. Smoothies are the perfect power breakfast because they are filled with the vitamins and nutrients you need to keep you going. If you’re looking to increase your energy and stamina, be sure to include the following ingredients in your morning smoothie:
- Bananas – This yellow fruit is chocker block full of natural energy. Loaded with potassium, fiber and B vitamins, bananas are a great natural fuel as well as a super nutritious snack.
- Berries – One cup of berries provides an excellent amount of healthy vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great source of natural energy and is filled with fiber – perfect for keeping you regular as well.
- Citrus Fruit – Citrus is a vitamin C powerhouse and provides a quick burst of energy as well as endurance. Citrus fruits are easy to add to any green smoothie by squeezing in the or even tossing in some peeled oranges or grapefruit to your recipes.
- Leafy Greens – Leafy greens contain vitamins A, C, K, Magnesium, Iron and the mighty B, which all provide natural energy and keep your energy levels up and sustained throughout the day.
- Nuts – Nuts are full of magnesium and provide a quick pick-me-up. Instead of reaching for a cup of coffee, grab a handful of your favorite nuts. Your blender blades will thank you if you soak nuts in water the night before adding them to your smoothie. It also makes the nuts easier to digest.
- Seeds – Chia and Sunflower seeds help regulate your blood sugar giving you energy throughout the day. Plus, they’re an excellent source of fiber and protein. Don’t forget that chia seeds will expand, so you don’t need many to have an energetic impact!