After a busy day of work, raising children, and contact with harsh environmental conditions, our skin has been exposed to a lot of harmful elements. Over time this can result in damage to the skin and cause pre-mature aging. Because of the harm, it is important to take care of your skin. The benefits of a night skin care routine include improving skin tone and color, reducing skin blemishes, and hydrating and rejuvenating the skin. Establishing a night skin care routine will allow the skin to breathe, heal, and restore to a healthy young glow.
The following is a list of must-do tips for establishing a night care routine:
- Makeup Remover: If you wear make up, the first step is to use a quality make-up remover to remove make up. This will ensure that all make up will be removed when you wash your face. Using an alcohol free toner will help restore the pH of the skin and remove any remaining oils and makeup. One can moisten a cotton ball and gently pat the toner over the face and neck.
- Facial Cleanse: Use a quality cleanser to clean your face. Gently massage the cleanser into the skin. Wash your face and neck thoroughly with warm water and the cleanser. When you have completed the face cleansing, make sure that you rinse the entire residue off thoroughly. Using a cleanser will remove any dirt and debris in and on the skin. Warm water will open the pours to allow dirt and bacteria to be released. It is also recommended that you use an exfoliate that will penetrate deeper and help remove blackheads. Gently pat your face dry and then apply Tea Tree Oil to any acne or acne prone areas.
- Eye Cream: Because there are no oil glands around the eye, using an eye cream on the skin around the eye will replenish the skin and reduce puffiness and dark circles. Gently apply the cream under and around the eye.
- Lip Care: Gently wash your lips with warm water on a soft cloth. This will remove any dry and dead skin. Apply a lip balm to soften and heal chapped lips.
- Moisturizer: Use a quality moisturizer that will not irritate the skin. An all natural organic moisturizer is a good choice because they do not contain any chemicals or harsh additives. The type of moisturizer you use will depend on your skin type such as dry, sensitive, or oily skin. A good moisturizer will remove debris, dead skin cells and pollutants, soothe and rejuvenate the skin, nourish the skin with vitamins and minerals, maintain normal ph levels, and help with cell regeneration. Using a quality Serum helps protect collagen, reduce redness and discoloration, and reduces age spots, fine lines, brown spots, and wrinkles Both serums and moisturizers help bring new cells to the surface revealing a smoother and softer complexion.
Establishing a nightly skin care routine will only take about five minutes of your time. Because everyone has their own specific skin type, it is important to use products that match your skin’s sensitivity. By implementing a nightly care routine, your skin will maintain a youthful appearance longer as well as staying smooth, soft, clear, and most importantly, healthy.